Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to Make Godly Choices:

--Quick decisions can have lasting consequences.
To help make better decisions when it comes to your finances here are some tips.
1. Take your time. Don't be fooled that you have to get it now. Most things will still be around another day. I (Amy) have learned that if I wait for a week to a month to think about an item half the time I don't need. The bigger the item (well the more it cost) the longer you should wait. There are times I have thought about a purchase for a month or even several months and then decide I do want that item and am happier for waiting then making a quick decision, regretting it, and perhaps even returning it.
2. The bigger the decison, the more time you should take. Invest time and advise of others esp. for big purchases such as a home or a car. Take time to pray about the item whether it's small or big.
3. Seek counsel while you wait patiently.
4. Pray and ask the Lord to give you wisdom.


(by Chuck Bentley - Crown Financial Ministries.

No comments: